Career opportunities arise from time to time at Hinckley & Rugby, either based at our administration centre in Hinckley or at one of our 10 branches across Leicestershire and Warwickshire.
If a vacancy arises, the details can be found below. If you wish to apply, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us. If there are no current vacancies but you wish to send us a completed application form, please post to the address shown below.
We are a traditional local building society with a modern outlook, employing around 100 people within our 10 branch offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire and our administration centre in Hinckley.
We offer our customers via our branch and agency network as well as over the telephone, through the post and online, consistently high levels of personal customer service.
Our success is built by the people we employ. The more we develop them, the stronger we become. We care genuinely about our staff, their wellbeing and their progress, discussing their aspirations, listening to their ideas, recognising their contribution and rewarding their efforts.
We are positive about change, seek to improve continuously in all aspects of our work, keep staff well informed and equip them with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve high standards.
A good team is stronger than the sum of its individual members. We work hard to create an environment of co-operation, consultation, agreement and friendliness in all of our offices.
Diversity and Equality
We understand the importance of making our members and employees feel valued which is why we treat everybody equally and fairly. We aim to ensure that all employees have equal opportunities to progress in their careers and enjoy working at the Society.
We want a diverse range of people in our workforce that have a passion for great customer service. We understand the importance of making our employees feel valued and also the benefits of providing a fun and supportive working environment in which they can expect to grow their skills on a professional and personal level.
Rewards and Benefits
Here are just some of the rewards and benefits you can expect when you join the Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (linked to service)
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training and development
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Healthcare options
- Eye care scheme
- Stability of employment in a profitable, well capitalised and well funded business
Our local network of branches and agencies forms a real part of the communities we serve, supporting local community interests and activities.
The Society is proud of its pioneering volunteer scheme which gives staff up to three days’ paid leave each year to get involved in volunteering projects of their choice. The scheme is called ‘Community First’.
In addition, staff throughout the 10 branches and at the Hinckley administration centre have raised thousands of pounds for various charities.
SAVINGS SERVICES TEAM SUPERVISOR (Also advertised elsewhere as ADMINISTRATION TEAM SUPERVISOR)
If you are looking for a career within financial services, this is a fantastic opportunity to join Hinckley & Rugby Building Society, supervising a busy team in the Society’s Savings Department. The successful Savings Services Team Supervisor will receive a range of benefits including a stakeholder pension plan, 22 days holiday plus statutory days with annual increments up to a maximum of 30 days, permanent health insurance scheme and private healthcare after 6 months service, life cover and comprehensive training.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society has been established for 150 years and we have assets of over £550 million. We have 120 staff at our Principal Office and our ten branches, and have a reputation for providing our members with the highest standard of service and a very competitive range of financial products.
The successful Savings Services Team Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations in the Savings Department. Other tasks include the management of staff, supervision of the postal and Offset account section and our online service, staff training, software testing, support to the branch and agency network regarding savings related procedures and our core systems and the development of reports and controls.
Main duties of the Savings Services Team Supervisor include:
- Deputising for the Savings Team Manager.
- Supervising a variety of customer account-related administrative procedures, including, responding to customer enquiries by telephone, post, email, website or online, registration of Powers of Attorney; control of lost and stolen passbooks; transfers of ISA accounts; supervision of the postal account and Offset Savings account sections and daily operations including receipts, withdrawals, faster payments, amendments, general correspondence and management information requirements.
- Monitor and develop controls and reports for audit purposes.
- Training of new staff.
- Oversee the administration of term account maturities.
- Assist with the control of all gross interest savings accounts.
- Support to the branch and agency network regarding savings procedures and our core systems.
- Testing new releases of software and enhancements to our core systems.
The ideal candidate will possess;
- Good standard of education (Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English, or equivalent)
- Educated to A level or equivalent is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience would be highly advantageous
- Previous customer service experience within a bank, building society or other financial institution would be highly advantageous but not essential
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated and the ability to forward plan and meet deadlines set
- Strong evidence of working within a team and demonstrating role model behaviours
- Strong administrative and organisational ability and good attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately
- Professional telephone manner
- Good keyboard and IT literacy (including the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel)
- Be flexible to work overtime and Saturday mornings as required
- Willing to undergo a credit reference search and DBS search
Basic hours are Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm, with Saturday mornings on a rota basis. Starting salary will be £18,672, plus £59 per Saturday morning worked.
Should you wish to apply to join the team, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us.
The closing date: MONDAY 17 AUGUST 2015.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
81 Upper Bond Street