Career opportunities arise from time to time at Hinckley & Rugby, either based at our administration centre in Hinckley or at one of our 10 branches across Leicestershire and Warwickshire.
If a vacancy arises, the details can be found below. If you wish to apply, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us. If there are no current vacancies but you wish to send us a completed application form, please post to the address shown below.
We are a traditional local building society with a modern outlook, employing around 100 people within our 10 branch offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire and our administration centre in Hinckley.
We offer our customers via our branch and agency network as well as over the telephone, through the post and online, consistently high levels of personal customer service.
Our success is built by the people we employ. The more we develop them, the stronger we become. We care genuinely about our staff, their wellbeing and their progress, discussing their aspirations, listening to their ideas, recognising their contribution and rewarding their efforts.
We are positive about change, seek to improve continuously in all aspects of our work, keep staff well informed and equip them with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve high standards.
A good team is stronger than the sum of its individual members. We work hard to create an environment of co-operation, consultation, agreement and friendliness in all of our offices.
Diversity and Equality
We understand the importance of making our members and employees feel valued which is why we treat everybody equally and fairly. We aim to ensure that all employees have equal opportunities to progress in their careers and enjoy working at the Society.
We want a diverse range of people in our workforce that have a passion for great customer service. We understand the importance of making our employees feel valued and also the benefits of providing a fun and supportive working environment in which they can expect to grow their skills on a professional and personal level.
Rewards and Benefits
Here are just some of the rewards and benefits you can expect when you join the Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (linked to service)
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training and development
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Healthcare options
- Eye care scheme
- Stability of employment in a profitable, well capitalised and well funded business
Our local network of branches and agencies forms a real part of the communities we serve, supporting local community interests and activities.
The Society is proud of its pioneering volunteer scheme which gives staff up to three days’ paid leave each year to get involved in volunteering projects of their choice. The scheme is called ‘Community First’.
In addition, staff throughout the 10 branches and at the Hinckley administration centre have raised thousands of pounds for various charities.
Hinckley and Rugby is a great place to work, and we are now looking for a Receptionist to join our team at our Principal Office in Hinckley.
Our Receptionist is often the first point of contact, and first impressions are very important. We are looking for a reliable, confident individual who can give excellent customer service, with a professional and friendly manner over the telephone and face to face.
All applicants must have a good standard of education, with Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English. You will have good IT skills, and be of smart appearance. Recent experience of working within customer service / admin would be an advantage, however if you are committed to providing first class customer service, we will give you all the training you need.
Basic hours are Monday – Friday 12.55pm – 5pm, with overtime as required by management. The successful applicant will provide cover for the morning Receptionist where required, so flexibility is essential. Starting salary will be £7,884 – £8,124 per annum.
Should you wish to apply to join the team, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us.
Main duties of the Receptionist:
- Responsible for the Principal Office Reception to include switchboard, faxes, email, telephone queries and problems, updating and distributing the Internal Telephone List.
- To be responsible for control over entry to the car park and updating the car registration list.
- To deputise for the other Receptionist where necessary.
- Collection of visitors information for week.
- Visitors booking in and out and identification.
- General typing and admin duties for other departments, as required.
- Post – to check if there is any in the post box as required and to frank outgoing post in Post Area as required.
- Packing new product literature and checking for PR mentions in newspapers for Marketing Department.
- On-line shopping for the Society as required.
- To follow the Society’s customer service codes in order to provide excellent quality internal and external customer service at all times.
- To comply with all the Society’s practices, procedures and policies at all times.
- To meet the competences for the role as set down in the Society’s training and competence framework.
- To understand and apply the concepts of Treating Customers Fairly, as set out in the Society’s TCF and Conduct Risk Policy Statement.
- Other duties as required by the Administration Manager or the Finance Director.
Closing date for this vacancy is Wednesday 30 April 2014
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
81 Upper Bond Street