Career opportunities arise from time to time at Hinckley & Rugby, either based at our administration centre in Hinckley or at one of our 8 branches across Leicestershire and Warwickshire (see at the bottom of this page for our current vacancies).
If a vacancy arises, the details can be found below. If you wish to apply, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us. If there are no current vacancies but you wish to send us a completed application form, please post to the address shown below.
We are a traditional local building society with a modern outlook, employing around 130 people within our 8 branch offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire and our administration centre in Hinckley.
We offer our customers via our branch and agency network as well as over the telephone, through the post and online, consistently high levels of personal customer service.
Our success is built by the people we employ. The more we develop them, the stronger we become. We care genuinely about our staff, their wellbeing and their progress, discussing their aspirations, listening to their ideas, recognising their contribution and rewarding their efforts.
We are positive about change, seek to improve continuously in all aspects of our work, keep staff well informed and equip them with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve high standards.
A good team is stronger than the sum of its individual members. We work hard to create an environment of co-operation, consultation, agreement and friendliness in all of our offices.
Diversity and Equality
We understand the importance of making our members and employees feel valued which is why we treat everybody equally and fairly. We aim to ensure that all employees have equal opportunities to progress in their careers and enjoy working at the Society.
We want a diverse range of people in our workforce that have a passion for great customer service. We understand the importance of making our employees feel valued and also the benefits of providing a fun and supportive working environment in which they can expect to grow their skills on a professional and personal level.
Rewards and Benefits
Here are just some of the rewards and benefits you can expect when you join the Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (linked to service)
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training and development
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Healthcare options
- Eye care scheme
- Stability of employment in a profitable, well capitalised and well funded business
Our local network of branches and agencies forms a real part of the communities we serve, supporting local community interests and activities.
The Society is proud of its pioneering volunteer scheme which gives staff up to three days’ paid leave each year to get involved in volunteering projects of their choice. The scheme is called ‘Community First’.
In addition, staff throughout the 8 branches and at the Hinckley administration centre have raised thousands of pounds for various charities.
CeMAP QUALIFIED SENIOR MORTGAGE SERVICES ASSISTANT (BASED AT OUR HINCKLEY PRINCIPAL OFFICE)
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic CeMAP qualified individual, with a good standard of education to join our ever growing Mortgage team, at Principal Office, in Hinckley If you are focussed on providing outstanding customer service and thrive in a fast paced environment, our award winning training will support you every step of the way.
- Deal with enquiries on all aspects of mortgage applications, insurance and mortgage administration
- Newly completed advance checking
- Deputising for the Team Leaders & Assistant Mortgage Operations Managers
- Assist in the training of new staff
- Future development projects
- Proactively develop direct mortgage business and additional borrowing and promote the Society’s products and policies.
- Complete fact finds and provide specialist advice and/or recommendations on product suitability ensuring that the product is appropriate to the needs and circumstances of the customer.
- Produce compliant Initial Disclosure Documents, Key Fact Illustrations and Suitability Letters in a timely manner.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the regulatory requirements of MCOB.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the Society’s products and lending criteria.
- Ensure the customer’s expectations are always met and the primary focus is on building a mutual long-term relationship with them.
- Approval of Mortgage Offers up to the level of mandate (if applicable)
- Pre- completion and/or post completion administration.
- CeMAP qualified and experience of working in a Mortgage advice-giving environment
- Committed to providing exceptional service to Hinckley and Rugby customers
- Good communicator with a confident, clear and friendly manner
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- PC literate (Word / Excel / Email) and the ability to pick things up quickly
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Ability to work as part of a team
And if career progression is your thing, many of our team have gone on to become successful In-House Mortgage Advisers and Team Leaders through our training and development programmes.
Basic hours are Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm (with one hour for lunch), with Saturday mornings as required by management. Applicants must be CeMAP qualified, have a good standard of education, with Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English. Experience of working within a mortgage advice environment would be an advantage.
All applicants must have high standards of personal finances, and be aware that all appointments are subject to successful employment references, a satisfactory credit reference search and DBS check.
Employment application form – To apply for a vacancy, please print this application form, before emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to the address below.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
Upper Bond Street
Privacy notice – Please read our privacy notice which describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)