Career opportunities arise from time to time at Hinckley & Rugby, either based at our administration centre in Hinckley or at one of our 8 branches across Leicestershire and Warwickshire (see at the bottom of this page for our current vacancies).
If a vacancy arises, the details can be found below. If you wish to apply, please submit a completed application form, which can be printed by clicking the link below, and send it to us. If there are no current vacancies but you wish to send us a completed application form, please post to the address shown below.
We are a traditional local building society with a modern outlook, employing around 130 people within our 8 branch offices in Leicestershire and Warwickshire and our administration centre in Hinckley.
We offer our customers via our branch and agency network as well as over the telephone, through the post and online, consistently high levels of personal customer service.
Our success is built by the people we employ. The more we develop them, the stronger we become. We care genuinely about our staff, their wellbeing and their progress, discussing their aspirations, listening to their ideas, recognising their contribution and rewarding their efforts.
We are positive about change, seek to improve continuously in all aspects of our work, keep staff well informed and equip them with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve high standards.
A good team is stronger than the sum of its individual members. We work hard to create an environment of co-operation, consultation, agreement and friendliness in all of our offices.
Diversity and Equality
We understand the importance of making our members and employees feel valued which is why we treat everybody equally and fairly. We aim to ensure that all employees have equal opportunities to progress in their careers and enjoy working at the Society.
We want a diverse range of people in our workforce that have a passion for great customer service. We understand the importance of making our employees feel valued and also the benefits of providing a fun and supportive working environment in which they can expect to grow their skills on a professional and personal level.
Rewards and Benefits
Here are just some of the rewards and benefits you can expect when you join the Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement (linked to service)
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive training and development
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Healthcare options
- Eye care scheme
- Stability of employment in a profitable, well capitalised and well funded business
Our local network of branches and agencies forms a real part of the communities we serve, supporting local community interests and activities.
The Society is proud of its pioneering volunteer scheme which gives staff up to three days’ paid leave each year to get involved in volunteering projects of their choice. The scheme is called ‘Community First’.
In addition, staff throughout the 8 branches and at the Hinckley administration centre have raised thousands of pounds for various charities.
HR AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR (BASED AT OUR HINCKLEY PRINCIPAL OFFICE)
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic individual, with a good standard of education to join our HR team, at Principal Office, in Hinckley. The successful candidate will have strong organisational and administrative skills, a calm attitude with a “can-do” approach, along with the ability to deal confidently with a range of administrative tasks in a timely manner.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the HR and People Development team.
- Assist in the updating and maintenance of manual and electronic personnel and training records.
- HR administration, including general administration, preparation of interview packs, issue of offer of employment letters and contracts, references, updating of staff holiday and sickness records, employee benefit administration, staff loyalty bonuses as well as our reward and recognition schemes.
- Assist with the processing of the monthly payroll (including associated pension administration and input).
- People Development administration, including general administration, and amending standard online modules and chasing outstanding training, assisting with the ongoing maintenance of the Society’s Intranet, and chasing, logging and checking various assessments, forms and surveys.
Basic hours are Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm (with one hour for lunch), with Saturday mornings on occasion. Starting salary ranges from £14,856 – £17,148, plus £54.50 per Saturday morning worked. Applicants must have a good standard of education, with Grade C or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English.
Previous experience of working in an administrative role with working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential. Payroll and HR experience would be an advantageous
All applicants must have high standards of personal finances and know that all appointments are subject to successful employment references, a satisfactory credit reference search, and a satisfactory DBS check.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
Upper Bond Street
Privacy notice – Please read our privacy notice which describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)