Our Mortgage Support Promise outlines the ways we’re helping our mortgage customers who have been financially affected by COVID-19.
It provides clarity and reassurance to those who need it most at this time and incorporates our regulators’ guidance for how the financial services sector can help those who are experiencing ongoing financial concerns as a result of Coronavirus.
- We’re offering Mortgage Payment Breaks of up to three months and these will be available until 31 October 2020. We have provided more information about Payment Breaks to help you decide if this is the right option for you.
- Talking is important. By sharing the details of your financial position we will be in the best position to support you. Where, due to the impact of Coronavirus, you are not able to make your payments but you continue to work with us to help get your mortgage back on track, we will not take any action to repossess any properties before 31 January 2021. By then we hope your financial circumstances will have changed.
- We have flexible solutions for those who have already taken a Mortgage Payment Break, such as making reduced payments for a time, and we will demonstrate the relative costs of these options so that you can make a fully informed decision.
- We encourage Buy to Let landlords to consider their own role in providing support through these difficult times, such as by passing on Payment Breaks to their tenants.
- We understand that the impact of COVID-19 on you and your family may be complex and wide-reaching. So we will signpost you to free independent advice and support so that you can speak to experts regarding whatever issues you may be facing.
We want you to know that we’re here to listen and help. We encourage those mortgage customers who are concerned about their ability to continue making repayments to get in touch to discuss the available options.