Opening a Business or Deposit account
Our Business or Deposit accounts can be opened by:
- Limited Companies with principal trading or a registered address in the CV, LE, NG, LN or PE postcode areas – see our Business accounts
- UK based Charities – see our Charities or Treasurer’s accounts
- Local organisations and clubs – see our Treasurer’s accounts
Please note our accounts are only available to UK residents.
To open an account, we require the following:
- A deposit savings account application form completed and signed by all account holders (A minimum of two signatories is required with up to a maximum of four)
- Documentation to prove your identity. This will depend on the type of organisation and account you are opening. Please refer to Proving your identity for Business and Deposit accounts for information on what is required
- Your investment as either a cheque or electronic transfer*. If you are looking to transfer funds into your account electronically, please state this on your application form and a member of our team will be in touch once your account is open to provide you with your account number. Please refer to our Frequently asked questions for further guidance
*Business and Charity accounts are also required to provide a nominated bank account. If you are opening a Charity account with us, your initial deposit of funds must come from a bank account in the charity’s name.
You can deliver these documents in person or by post to one of our branches or agencies.
Once your account has been opened, you will receive confirmation in the post along with your new account passbook (if applicable).
You may wish to register for H&R Online which allows you to view your current balance and send secure messages.
If you need any further guidance on how to open an account with the Society, please contact us using the details below.
Get in touch
Please visit one of our branches or agencies, or you can call us on 01455 894 060 and speak to a member of our team.
Our lines are open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm, Saturday 9am – 12pm. We are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.