Why work at Hinckley & Rugby Building Society?
At the Society we value our colleagues. We offer a wide range of development opportunities and ensure people feel valued for their contribution and commitment to the Society. This is reflected in the benefits offered to our employees:
- A minimum of 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, increasing with tenure
- Opportunity to purchase an additional three days annual leave each year
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Annual discretionary bonus based on performance
- Group income protection
- Private healthcare cover
- Four times basic salary life cover
- Enhanced family leave pay
- Three days paid leave per year to work in the community or as a volunteer
- Access to the enhanced wellbeing and mental health support offered through the Society including Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and internal wellbeing portal
(This October we delivered our first month-long focus on wellness to all staff – if you would like to find out more about the opportunities provided please read our news article
Success is all thanks to the people we employ. We have a strong culture of teamwork, mutual respect and support for all colleagues. We have a dedicated People Development team to embed a learning culture throughout the Society, from new employees joining us on day one, to existing employees at all levels of the Society.
The more we develop our employees, the stronger we become. We care about our people, their wellbeing and their progress.
We discuss employee aspirations, listen to ideas, recognise contribution and continuously reward for a job well done!
We are positive about change, seek to improve continuously in all aspects of our work, keep colleagues well informed and equipped with the knowledge and tools that are needed to achieve high standards.
Our culture of learning and development is embedded from day one, with every new employee attending an induction day where they will be introduced to the Society, our employees and the ethics and principles that guide what we do and how we do it.
We deliver interactive onsite training that is relevant to individual job roles, as well as Society-wide. These are delivered through group training courses and individual bite-sized training modules.
Individual development is something the Society believes and invests in. We support our employees to complete professional qualifications that will benefit them and the Society. We encourage continuous personal development and set individual career targets throughout the year.