If your bond is due to mature, you should receive a pack through the post to advise your options at maturity and what the next steps are. The instructions will include a selection of available accounts which you may choose to reinvest in.
You will have the choice to reinvest all or some of your funds with the Society or withdraw the funds from your account by cheque.
- If you wish to reinvest all or part of your maturing bond with the Society, you will need to complete and return the maturity transfer form together with your passbook.
- If you wish to withdraw from your account, send your passbook together with the maturity transfer form confirming your requirements, and a cheque will be sent to your registered address.
If you do not provide instructions for when your account matures, it will automatically revert to one of the following accounts.
For all Fixed Rate Bonds (except Fixed Rate ISAs)
Your account will revert to an Easy Access Bank Base Rate Tracker. If you decide to leave your money in this account, the terms and conditions are detailed below:
- Minimum balance – £5,000
- Maximum balance – £300,000
- The interest rate will be variable and track 0.50% below the Bank of England’s Base Rate. The rate at which we track the Bank of England Base Rate will be reviewed annually with any changes applied from 1 March. The interest rate will never reduce below 0.01%
- Interest is paid/capitalised on 1 December each year
- The minimum withdrawal is £250, and only cheque withdrawals or transfers are allowed
Your account will revert to a 7 Day Notice Cash ISA. If you decide to leave your money in this account, the terms and conditions are detailed below:
- Minimum balance – £500
- The interest rate will be variable. See our savings rates page to view the current rate for this account
- Interest is paid/capitalised on 5 April each year
- Withdrawals can be made penalty-free subject to a notice period of seven days. Should you need immediate access to your funds, a withdrawal can be made subject to seven days’ loss of interest on the amount withdrawn